About Me

My photo
In the last few years I have yearned for something more, something to push my creativity and challenge my mind. Through the 365 Project and Photography I have found a passion that has filled a hole in my heart. A sense of being and a meaning to my life. I hope my pictures live on forever even if only through my children and my blog.

Saturday, January 23, 2010

In The Garden


1/30, f8.0, ISO 800, Focal Length 30.0mm, Cloudy, No Flash
Well, there are not a lot of living things in my garden right now, so my options are limited. I like the ivy, but wish it was cropped a little better. I had a picture that was cropped well, but I didn't like the lighting. I have made a promise to myself to publish my photos "as is" because my goal is to take great photos without having to manipulate them in Photoshop.

4 comments:

  1. Nice pics, girl - great composition! Try ISO 200 for shade/natural light...the lower the ISO, the better clarity you'll get. (You may have to adjust your aperature accordingly.) Also - check your white balance setting...it looks a little off to me, but I'm on my laptop and suck at color anyway :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Keri. Thanks for the tip about the 200 ISO, I thought that since it was cloudy I should go up on the ISO, but I think I need a refresher on ISO. Also, I think I need to set my WB to auto. I have a feeling I am trying to change to many things at 1 time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deciding to post photos "as is" is a good idea. I think some of us have become too dependent on "manipulating" with the computer. Good for you for starting this blog and for getting your photos out there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe 400, but with our camera (yes, we have the same one) the higher ISO speeds are awful :(

    ReplyDelete