About Me

My photo
In the last few years I have yearned for something more, something to push my creativity and challenge my mind. Through the 365 Project and Photography I have found a passion that has filled a hole in my heart. A sense of being and a meaning to my life. I hope my pictures live on forever even if only through my children and my blog.

Thursday, January 28, 2010

#3 Monochromatic

1/100, f9.0, ISO 200, Focal Length 47.0mm, Flash
This picture was a progression of sorts. Sunday I thought it would be a neat idea to take a picture of some black stones I had in a jar. I laid them out and began shooting, but I couldn't get the light quite right and the stones were very shiny which I wasn't to keen on. I liked the idea so I switched to some lighter stones. I also needed some better light, so I bought a white board and set it up as the background and bounced the flash off of the board to give the soft light effect. I am pleased with my results and have learned a lot in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment