About Me

My photo
In the last few years I have yearned for something more, something to push my creativity and challenge my mind. Through the 365 Project and Photography I have found a passion that has filled a hole in my heart. A sense of being and a meaning to my life. I hope my pictures live on forever even if only through my children and my blog.

Saturday, July 3, 2010

#7 Object that tells about me

Most of my life I have felt that I have to be strong and couldn't be "girly". I thought watching "girly" movies and crying at them or crying at anything showed that I was weak. I think this goes back to being teased as a kid and being the oldest. This has worked to a point as I believe it has helped me in my career and to get my current Management job, but it has also caused me to miss things in life. In the last few years I have taken small steps to "feel" my emotions, like watching "girly" movies and crying, but when no ones home. I even let myself get teary eyed at the movies with my DH and over books. This is where my pink lip gloss comes in. I used to hate pink, it was too "girly", now pink is my favorite color, it can be soft and sweet or vibrant and sexy. My pink lipgloss lets me feel "girly" everyday, even when I have a Power Meeting at work.
1/80, f5.6, ISO 200

No comments:

Post a Comment